CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Darn that trip to Brazil....

Its wednesday and I am trying to watch the only show I enjoy in the summer...So You Think YOu Can Dance. As I try to watch intently, I hear out of the other side of the room my big daddy (Nate's Nickname) speaking portuguese with his earphones in. He can't stand so you think you can dance so instead of wasting time doing nothing,like me, he is reading portuguese from online lessons. After about an hour of that he started singing in Portuguese, again with his earphones on. Has anyone heard nate sing in english? Imagine that but way worse. I don't think he knows I am writing this blog about him while he sits 5 ft from me singing song after song after song. At one point he turned around and starting singing to me, he claims he was serenading me. How did I get so lucky! It all started when we went to Brazil, Nov 2006, with some of our friends. He wanted to learn as much of the language as he could before we went and since he has been been back he religously reads his Book of Mormon in Portuguese...outloud. Nothing makes me cringe more. He works on his accent and for some reason it drives me insane...I usually yell for him to read in english and then I stomp upstairs out of his hearing range. (my friends we are going on three hours and he is still singing...he has the words on the screen so he can say them right, as he sings) All that aside I am super impressed that he litterally has taught himself to speak a different language all by himself. He is quite fluent now I love the man, but my goodness please please stop singing in portuguese! I decided to post some pics from Brazil...enjoy!




Nate's friend Kelly fell asleep right on this random ladies shoulder, while on the bus. The lady was really cute about it. He was asleep for a good 15 minutes




Nate and I on Cococabana beach in Rio


Check out the guy in the background!


We woke up one morning to find this guy cleaning our window..Random!






I think the Corcavado is one of the "new 7 wonders of the world"

View from the top of the Corcavado ( The Statue of Christ )


Nate, I, Robert. and Noelle Dunkley in Rio De Janeiro




















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathalie, I'm so proud of you, you're a real blogger now! Camryn rolls her eyes at me when I tell her we're watching "So You Think You Can Dance," so maybe Nate can teach her Portuguese.

Ashleigh said...

you're awesome Nat. I want to come along with you to all of your trips. Hey, I'm going to Malaysia in the beginning of September. Wanna come with me???

Jill said...

Nat,

Hey, It's Joy's sister Jill. Joy gave me your blog address. I've been checking back over the months and am so glad you started posting. I would love to hear about all your travels. May I add you to my blogging favs list? Wish I could have been with you and Joy last week laughing with you about old times. I remember laughing with you both at my old Riverdale place. Good times!!
Jill

Jodi said...

O Brasil! Que lugar maravilhoso! Good to see your pictures. Keep on posing more. Hope all is well in Iowa.